Boston, MA 02101
We are working with a major hospital in Boston looking to hire a Unit Coordinator to perform a variety of direct service activities to patients and families to ensure they receive information timely and appropriately.
In this role, you are responsible for the overall clerical functions of the nursing station/front desk. Working collaboratively with the clinical team, the Unit Coordinator participates in delivery of patient care by providing a variety of clerical, customer relations, and support services to patients, their families/visitors, and healthcare team members. The schedule is 40 hours per week with a rotating weekday, 7:00am – 3:30pm and evenings, 3:00pm – 11:30pm every other weekend.
- Greet and direct patients, families, visitors and staff in a friendly courteous positive customer service manner.
- Provide informative, non-clinical information when requested by patients, families, staff or visitors.
- Interact in a courteous professional manner.
- Coordinate activities of front desk/office support services.
- Perform clerical duties for the department.
- Answer/respond to telephone calls and inquiries in timely manner.
- Handle inquiries; refer calls/inquires to appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
- Check and reply to e-mail frequently during shift.
- 2+ years experience working in a health care environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Effective communicator, written and verbal
- MS Office proficiency
- Must be flexible with schedule