5+ years of progressive CPA firm experience, CPA or JD as well as public experience at a large firm is preferred for this position.
Our client, one of New England’ s fastest growing independent accounting and advisory firms, is actively seeking a Tax Manager who has a strong accounting and/or advisory background. This position currently offers remote work options and ongoing flexibility.
In this role you will be responsible for leading a profitable functional area of the practice and also supports the business development and growth initiatives of the practice.
• Review and in certain cases sign complex tax returns for accuracy and technical compliance for entities, individuals, trusts and estates
• Perform final technical review and signing of other returns
• Meet with clients to obtain tax and financial information
• Act as a resource for various departments and actively work to provide services to other professionals to meet client needs
• Conduct and supervise research, consult directly with clients and prepare correspondence dealing with very complex issues
• Supervise, coordinate, and review the work of supervisors and staff
• Represent clients in both federal and state tax audits
• Manage a significant book of business
• Manage entire client engagement including scheduling, budget, realization and billing
• Report to partners on each assigned engagement
• Participate in management of department. Identify best practices and provide guidance as to build efficiencies and streamline processes
• Work within strict deadlines which will often require overtime during tax season or other times throughout the year
• Engage in the training and professional development of staff. Provide evaluation and guidance of junior staff
• 5+ years of progressive CPA firm experience, CPA or JD preferred
• BS in Accounting, MST or MBA preferred
• Ability to adjust schedule based on peak workload times in the department
• Strong technical knowledge and expertise
• Entity taxation- C Corp. And Flow through entities (S-Corp, Partnerships, etc.)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (public speaking skills a plus)
• A thorough understanding of firm products and services in the practice area, with a working knowledge in other practice areas
• Family-owned/operated and servicing MA since 1989
• In 2019, ACE Employment was on the Forbes List of America's best recruitment firms out of 250 nationwide.
• Consistently on the Largest Temp Placement Firms in MA list conducted by the Boston Business Journal.Follow us