We are working with a specialty-pharma company seeking a Systems Administrator who will be responsible for supporting, guiding and assisting end-users with business applications and IT systems. The ideal candidate will understand the interdependencies that various IT systems rely upon from a business and technical standpoint and have user-focused technical support skills with concentrations in networking, servers, applications, security and database administration.
- Support computer users – both hardware and software needs.
- Maintain complete and accurate logs and documentation of responsibilities and work completed.
- Assist in creating and maintaining network infrastructure documents and IT procedures.
- Collaborate on IT projects, missions and goals.
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of new applications.
- Provide end user training with IT systems and applications.
- Travel required to company locations to support end-users, network and IT infrastructure.
- After-hours end-user, network and IT infrastructure support required.
- Performs other IT related duties as directed by supervisor.
Programming languages and operating systems; current equipment and technologies in use; Microsoft/Unix systems administration, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and system performance monitoring tools.
Plan, organize and document system design activities and to configure systems to be consistent with institutional policies/procedures; communicate technical/complex information both verbally and in writing; establish and maintain cooperation, understanding, trust and credibility; perform multiple tasks concurrently and respond to emergency situations effectively.
Advanced Microsoft Server, Exchange, SQL, Office and IT security proven hand-on knowledge desired
Education and-or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred. Associates degree in a related field can be substituted if the incumbent has minimum of three years’ experience.
Minimum of 2 years’ experience required with end-user hardware, software and application support
Competitive compensation package
Paid time off (PTO)
• Family-owned/operated and servicing MA since 1989
• In 2019, ACE Employment was on the Forbes List of America's best recruitment firms out of 250 nationwide.
• Consistently on the Largest Temp Placement Firms in MA list conducted by the Boston Business Journal.Follow us