Substance Abuse Counselor
Boston, MA 02118
Bachelor’ s degree and a minimum of one year of work experience in the field of substance use, HIV and/or mental health
Human Services agency is looking for Substance Use Disorder Counselors who will be responsible for providing individual counseling/case management sessions totaling 1 hour per week to a minimum case load of up to 9 clients on a weekly basis, throughout their stay at the program.
· ? Engage clients in an ongoing treatment planning process, and review cases and treatment progress in individual and staff meetings
· Maintain effective and time sensitive documentation and record keeping systems, including but not limited to: biopsychosocial assessment, treatment planning, re-assessment; progress notes; case management; consent forms; data collection and aftercare planning.
· Maintain current working knowledge of referral sources such as housing, medical, outpatient counseling, dental, legal, AIDS client services, self-help groups and others to provide comprehensive services to the program clients and their families.
· Communicate effectively with the clients, treatment team and any other individuals or agencies involved in the client’ s treatment.
· Bachelor’ s degree and a minimum of one year of work experience in the field of substance use, HIV and/or mental health; Or a certificate from a recognized counseling program or course of instruction; Or, 3 years’ relevant work experience in the field of substance use, HIV, and/or mental health
· Experience facilitating groups and counseling preferred.
· Proficient computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
· Ability to work independently and cooperatively as a member of the treatment team.
· Strong computer, organizational, writing, and communication skills.
· Ability to relate to clients in an instructive, supportive, and compassionate manner.
Schedule and Days:
Typical shift is Sunday-Thursday 3pm - 11pm or Monday-Fri 10am-7pm
• Family-owned/operated and servicing MA since 1989
• In 2019, ACE Employment was on the Forbes List of America's best recruitment firms out of 250 nationwide.
• Consistently on the Largest Temp Placement Firms in MA list conducted by the Boston Business Journal.Follow us