North Andover, MA
We are seeking an experienced senior accountant to join the accounting and finance operations team for a leading manufacturer in North Andover, MA. You will play an integral part in the internal and external financial reporting processes and will be part of the general accounting team and finance operations team.
• Responsible for timely and accurate preparation of monthly journal entries & detailed account reconciliations
• Determine quarterly E&O provision/reserve requirements though analysis of inventory composition, usage, trends, etc. And assist Operations with the management of E&O inventory levels
• Responsible for calculating, recording, and forecasting Capitalized Variances on a monthly basis.
• Assist with the development of Standard Costs and the monthly review of Standard Gross Margins
• Responsible for maintaining assigned balance sheet accounts in compliance with related accounting policies
• Responsible for understanding and validating all transaction activity within applicable general ledger accounts, reconciling differences, working with the application business or functional partner to correct exceptions and adjust process going forward if necessary
• Participate in monthly reporting to HFM such as loading monthly trial balance and supplemental data forms
• Responsible for analytical analysis related to respective GL accounts, cost centers, P&L and balance sheet
• Provide business & functional partners cost center reporting and actual results vs budget and forecast, and facilitate review of costs
• Maintain certain SOX control documentation related to internal controls over financial reporting and participate in annual SOX testing requirements
• Assist with ERP system reporting process improvements and enhancements
• Analyze and forecast Purchase Price Variance monthly
• Assist with the budgeting and forecasting process for respective cost centers and entity P&L
• Support the identification of productivity & savings initiatives and the supporting calculation of expected savings
• Bachelor' s Degree in Accounting or Finance
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
• 5 – 7 years’ working in Accounting field
• Experience with large, manufacturing, multi-national, public corporations
• Previous General Ledger experience required, large ERP system experience, QAD experience a plus
• Microsoft Office, experience with Hyperion Financial Management (HFM)
• Strong Excel skills including: vlookup, sumifs, pivot tables, ability to effectively manipulate and organize large amounts of data.
• Bilingual, English/Spanish highly desired
• Family-owned/operated and servicing MA since 1989
• In 2019, ACE Employment was on the Forbes List of America's best recruitment firms out of 250 nationwide.
• Consistently on the Largest Temp Placement Firms in MA list conducted by the Boston Business Journal.Follow us