Boston, MA 02101
A department within the Commonwealth of MA is seeking an experienced Paralegal for a long term contract role.
• Provide general legal and administrative support to the General Counsel, Deputy General Counsel and staff attorneys, legal research, and drafting legal memoranda.
• Functions as an integral part of the Legal Division and acts as liaison to staff outside of the Legal Division.
• Research and analyze state and federal law sources such as statutes, case law, administrative decisions, and regulations.
• Draft legal research memoranda, briefs, summaries, and other legal correspondence.
• Assist the General Counsel in establishing all relevant facts, obtaining documentation, and advancing arguments and legal concerns for use in internal policy discussions, investigations, and litigation.
• Review public records requests and gather responsive documents; track public records requests; respond to public records requests.
• Analyze Department policy and procedure.
2+ years experience as a paralegal
Strong attention to detail
Dependable and ability to handle a large workload
Proficient with MS Office