Boston, MA 02101
Our client is seeking an overnight counselor for their Stabilization program, which is a 50-bed, post-detox men’ s substance abuse treatment program. This is a long term contract and the schedule is Monday-Friday, 10:45PM-7:15AM OR 11PM-7AM.
• Provides quality services to staff, clients, and visitors
• Ensures safety and security of the floor and that program operations are in compliance with policies and procedures.
• Communicates client issues to management team, clinical staff, and operational staff using shift review, the program communications log, email, and incident reports as required
• Monitor and assess the integrity of the programs therapeutic milieu; empower clients to act in accordance with the guidelines of the program.
• Provide supportive counseling/active listening and communicate client issues and behaviors to clinical staff in a timely manner.
• Monitor medications and documents appropriately in medication log book; conducts controlled medication counts.
• Review and record all relevant information in the log in a clear, legible, concise manner to include any even/interaction with clients and staff.
• Complete detailed/factual incident reports to document significant events and e-mail (within shift) to administrative staff which includes Clinical Director/Clinical Supervisor/Operations Coordinator.
• Report any major safety issues to Operations Coordinator.
• Monitor Client activity on the floor by completing rounds/walk-throughs in the men’ s dorm to announce group/meal/med times and redirect clients.
• Responsible for completing regular rounds, including but not limited to: dormitories, café, group room, offices, bathroom, and outside picnic area
Candidates should have some shift lead or supervisory experience, and need to be comfortable working in an environment with male patients with a history of trauma, mental illness, and substance abuse.
Ability and willingness to administer First Aid/CPR and Narcan are non-negotiable.
Must pass a CORI