Boston-based investment management firm seeks an Operations Specialist to join their team. The firm manages approximately US $102 billion on behalf of major pension funds, endowments, foundations, governments and other investors based in the U.S. And abroad. Excellent opportunity to join a terrific workplace setting.
The Operations Specialist will be assigned accounts for monthly review and/or act as an individual contributor for specialized projects and specialized functions within a group. The Operational Specialist will work within the Operations Support team to monitor daily bank feeds, past due income follow up to resolution and internal operational group systems support. Other duties will include providing administration of daily reconciliation system, daily bank overdraft and cash difference spreadsheet creation, oversight of tax tables on accounting system, assistance with any system integrations, and testing and validation as well as business requirement creation.
• Reconciliation of Account Holdings/Activity - Check portfolio holdings, trading activity, and cash balances with the custodian bank’ s statements. Research and resolve any outstanding differences.
• Facilitate Monthly/Quarterly/Annual Reporting - Ensure accounting data is correct by performing account reviews at month end.
• Cash Reconciliation - Reconcile currency balances between Accounting and custodian cash statements. Check that currency accounts are not overdrawn. Make necessary adjustments to internal accounting system or direct custodians to correct their reported cash.
• Trade Support - Assist the Trade Settlement group to facilitate the trade & FX settlement process.
• Oversee & Maintain Custodian Relationships - Work with the custodians to ensure an effective working relationship and to secure proper attention and maintenance of client accounts.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Economics, or another financial related degree preferred; At least two years of fund accounting / operations or related Investment Management experience.
• Strong analytical background and knowledge of financial accounting principles required.
• Proficient in MS Windows 2007 and MS 2007 office suite.
• Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Detail oriented, flexible, ability to work within a team-orientated environment, as well as independently, and comfortable dealing with confidential information.
• Demonstrated initiative, problem-solving skills and willingness to assume additional responsibilities within group.
• Family-owned/operated and servicing MA since 1989
• In 2019, ACE Employment was on the Forbes List of America's best recruitment firms out of 250 nationwide.
• Consistently on the Largest Temp Placement Firms in MA list conducted by the Boston Business Journal.Follow us