Medical Policy Coordinator - Remote
Wellesley, MA 02482
Our client in Wellesley, MA is currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join their organization as Medical Policy Coordinator. The Medical Policy Coordinator is responsible for coordinating timely creation, implementation and maintenance of medical policies that support clinical guidelines and departmental goals. This position will work in collaboration with Medical Policy Research Analysts as well as various business units including Utilization Management, Pharmacy, and Legal. This is a contract role through at least the end of year. This position sits on site in Wellesley, MA, however they are considering remote applicants.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
• Work as a liaison between policy team and external stakeholders to address inquiries related to clinical indications, configurations or clinical coding
• Maintain clinical coding and any data set associated with medical and drug policies
• Collect and record internal and external stakeholder input on new and existing medical policies
• Ensure timely submission of documents through established committees
• Develop and maintain document standards, styles, and templates to ensure consistency of documents within and across clinical programs;
• Communicate effectively with subject-matter experts and extract from them the information necessary to develop policies and procedures.
• Bachelor’ s degree in public health, epidemiology, healthcare or health policy or equivalent experience required. Knowledge or understanding of healthcare organizations and their general operation is preferred.
• 1 to 3 years of experience in health care, managed care, or insurance compliance preferred. Knowledge of Medicare/Medicare Advantage highly desirable.
• Knowledge of FDA regulatory requirements for medical devices, drugs and biologics; Knowledge of state and federal mandates preferred but not required
• Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills
• Resilient, collaborative, flexible, innovative.