Leave of Absence Coordinator
A senior care organization is looking for a temporary leave of absence coordinator for 2-3 months. This is a vacant position, so could potentially lead to full-time. There is an option for 1 or 2 days of remote work, but mostly onsite.
Your role will involve coordinating the administration of all leave of absence cases and workers' compensation claims, and ensuring compliance with all applicable employment laws, such as the MA PFML , Family and Medical Leave Act and family leave legislation.
- Act as the subject matter expert for leave and workers' compensation programs in alignment with HR leadership and the legal department.
- Provides interpretation and administration of leave programs and policies that are in line with applicable federal and state employment laws (PFML, FMLA, ADA, USERRA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, etc.).
- Assures that the workers' compensation program is managed in accordance with OSHA and workers' compensation laws.
- Approves or denies leave cases in partnership with the Director of Benefits using pertinent medical information.
- Responsible for organizing and coordinating all medical information and ensuring that HIPAA and Employee Privacy policies are being upheld and effectively implemented.
- Manages all administrative aspects of leave and workers’ compensation claims
- An associate's degree in business administration, human resources, or a related field is required
- A minimum of two years of experience in Human Resources
- Two years of experience managing leave cases (FMLA, STD) and workers' compensation claims
Family owned & operated since 1989
Featured on Forbes List of America's Best Professional Recruiting Firms, 2020 & 2019
8th Largest Temporary Placement Firm in MA - Boston Business Journal, 2021
MRC Distinguished Employer Award for Helping People w/ Disabilities Gain Employment, 2011
Keep in touch: