Guest Service Representative
Boston, MA 02118
We are seeking a Guest Services Specialist for our client in Boston. This role was developed to ensure a safe shelter environment for guests and staff. The Guest Services Specialist has a primary focus on the direct care of guests and, as such, responds to guests in a timely and professional manner based on the prioritization of guests’ needs. This schedule, Mon-Fri, 6: 45am - 3: 15pm. This position pays time and a half!
· Assists with the development and implementation of a housing pathway by motivating guests to rapidly work on housing and connecting guests to appropriate resources.
· Assist guests in connecting with substance abuse, mental health and medical resources when the shelter cannot safely accommodate a guests needs.
· Enter data into the Homeless Management Information (HMIS) system and to document reports in keeping with agency policy.
· Consistently follow safety policies and procedures promoting a safety conscious work environment
· Treat all guests and staff with dignity and respect
· Proactively conduct wellness checks of guests in different sections of the building
· Perform CPR as needed
· Enforce the “ Good Neighbor Policy”: Monitor the building and the surrounding area for safety, security and hazards ensuring a safe/secure environment for guests, staff and all others
· Connect guests to emergency medical services, detox and other community programs as needed to include, but not limited to, Triage, Rapid Re-Housing (RRH) services, Day Services, Detox and substance abuse services
· Maintain daily shelter documentation to include but not limited to: shelter intake when needed, HMIS systems, log and referral books maintained at the front desk, Suspension of Services (SOS) and SOS status
· Follow animal accommodation policies
· Pleasantly greet, welcome and work with volunteers, donors, food servers, tour groups and other visitors
· Help guests with all issues pertaining to lockers as needed or assigned
· Minimum of one (1) year of experience in the Human Services field
· Must pass a background check
· CPR certified preferred
• Family-owned/operated and servicing MA since 1989
• In 2019, ACE Employment was on the Forbes List of America's best recruitment firms out of 250 nationwide.
• Consistently on the Largest Temp Placement Firms in MA list conducted by the Boston Business Journal.Follow us