Boston, MA 02101
We are working with a major hospital in Boston looking to hire an executive assistant to provide highly skilled administrative support to a Vice President, Medical Chair, or Chief Physician and his/her staff. This is an indefinite contract role and the hours are Mon-Fri, 7:30am-4:00pm.
• Drafting correspondence, preparing presentations, reports, press releases, managing organizational contacts, attending meetings, preparing and distributing minutes; sorting mail and ordering supplies.
• Assist with research grant application, tracking grant reporting and performing web research on federal research funding trends.
• Identify articles and opportunities of interest to the department by reviewing websites and printed media.
• Act as the first point of contact for the Office and triages calls from other departments, donors, the media, other scientists, politicians, advocacy partners and sometimes opposition groups.
• Schedule meetings, make travel arrangements and process travel reimbursements in a timely manner.
• Bachelors Degree in related field is required or a combination of additional experience and training will be considered
• 3-5 years of experience in progressively more responsible positions in office administration with a high proficiency using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint).
• 1-2 years professional work experience with project management, data management, policy research, non-profit fundraising, or related experience highly preferred.
• Excellent communication skills and diplomacy to interact and communicate effectively with external contacts and hospital staff.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Good critical thinking skills and demonstrated comfort and ability to work independently once given direction.