Boston, MA 02101
Our client in Boston is seeking a buyer for a long term contract assignment.
• Process requisitions in accordance with procurement policies and procedures., Secures and reviews quotations from qualified vendors
• Review, and tabulate bids received and forward them to the initiating department
• Prepare appropriate approval documentation for award including the following: staff summary, authorization for purchase or contract order, back-up information, cost and/or price analysis, DBE/WBE certification, Buy-America certification, request to FTA for approval of award.
• Approve purchase orders up to $3, 500.00 value.
• Assure that purchase orders and contract files are properly documented and that they are complete.
• Act as a liaison between the vendors and the Accounts Payable Department to resolve discrepancies in invoicing and adjustments for materials shortages, damages, or inferior quality.
• Coordinate emergency purchases with suppliers and departments.
• Respond to telephone inquiries from departments regarding purchase status.
• Provide coverage in Mail Room while performing related duties and tasks