Canton, MA 02021
Our client, one of New England’ s leading independent accounting firms just outside of Boston is seeking an Audit Manager to serve as a trusted advisor, providing guidance on the wide array of business, accounting and tax matters faced by clients throughout the business lifecycle – from inception to growth, and maturity to transition.
· Oversee multiple client engagements; planning, executing, directing, and completing engagements in a wide variety of industries; and managing to budget;
· Maintain day-to-day management of engagements to ensure services are delivered in a timely manner
· Develop and maintain excellent client relationships through superior customer service. Serve as the primary client contact on all related matters and directly interact with client owners and senior personnel
· Recognize and resolve potential or existing problems with appropriate research and consulting, as necessary
· Consulting, working with, and servicing client base to make recommendations on business improvement and process improvement and serve as a business advisor to clients;
· Thorough knowledge and exposure to issues which include but are not limited to mergers and acquisitions, entrepreneurship, funding requirements, growth objectives and exit strategies;
· Assist in the development and execution of department’ s various training programs;
· Set and monitor budgets, scheduling staff and assigning workloads;
· Prepare client billings and handle collection efforts;
· Establish and conduct formal training seminars for staff members;
· Think proactively about and have involvement in practice development opportunities that cross sell to existing clients as well as new clients;
· CPA with 5+ years of progressive CPA firm experience;
· BS in Accounting, MST or MBA preferred;
· Ability to adjust schedule based on peak workload times in the department.