Accounts Payable Analyst
Boston, MA 02118
High school degree and 3-5 years in an Accounts Payable function required. Ability to use Microsoft Office suite, including Outlook, Word and Excel. Knowledge of Lawson/Infor General Ledger system preferred.
Major hospital in Boston seeks a corporate accounts payable analyst responsible for day to day activities that support invoice approvals and payments for all entities in the Health System.
• Ensure invoices are paid on time, resolve issues with invoices and approvals, enter credits, and maintain vendor data.
• Perform duties in support of the Corporate Accounts Payable purpose of paying vendors to ensure there is no interruption of supplies or services that would affect care, while also enforcing policies and ensuring that the Health System’ s cash is appropriately administered.
• Distribute invoices, statements, and other communications to responsible parties.
• Send invoices with clear chain of approval through approval process.
• Research in the financial system and, if needed, contact vendors to determine who should approve if the invoice does not clearly state.
• Serve as an expert in AP related policies for those outside of AP.
• Respond to questions from staff/end users in the Health System.
• Re-route invoices if the original approver indicates a different cost center should be used.
• Assist in resolving issues if an invoice is rejected. Work with the end user and vendor if there are discrepancies. Work with the vendor if the invoice should be voided.
• Prepare checks for mailing.
• Enter credits when received or from statements.
• Work with buyers to resolve any mismatch issues.
• Create and/or update department procedural documentation.
• Create vendor uploads for vendors with multiple line charges. Where no charge code is provided, research what department to charge in the financial system or in AP documentation.
• Maintain the vendor database: Ensure backup information provided is adequate and data entered is accurate.
• Upload, print, and prepare patient refund checks for mailing.
• Collect and update vendor data as needed for annual 1099 issuance.
• Family-owned/operated and servicing MA since 1989
• In 2019, ACE Employment was on the Forbes List of America's best recruitment firms out of 250 nationwide.
• Consistently on the Largest Temp Placement Firms in MA list conducted by the Boston Business Journal.Follow us