Boston, MA 02101
Our client, a wealth management firm in Boston is looking to hire a Trust Advisor. Reporting to the Manager of Trust Administration, this position provides support to the Trustees and Clients. The Trust Advisor performs a wide range of complex trust administration functions requiring a vast knowledge of trusts, estate planning, investments and tax laws while maintaining a high level of client contact.
• Research and review probate, fiduciary, income, retirement plan and estate planning issues and law
and apply them effectively to individual client circumstances.
• Review and interpret past and existing trust instruments on a regular basis.
• Provide thought leadership to improve processes and training as needed to other members of the
• Administer new and existing accounts, including all aspects of the account opening process, account
distributions, terminations, death, gift and GST administration and gift tax return preparation.
• Manage and oversee projects or tasks as identified by the COO and in conjunction with Trustees,
and other team members.
• Work with Client Services to ensure a consistent and comprehensive approach, following standard
office policies and procedures. Work with team on resolving procedural and administrative issues as
they pertain to accounts.
• Be an active member of the Trust Administration Committee.
• Review current office policies for the purpose of improving processes and efficiencies.
• Support, work closely with, and provide backup to other Trustees during periods when other Trust
Advisors are away from the office.
• Effectively manage multiple on-going projects, coordinate processes and successfully prioritize
multiple tasks with good judgment.
• Develop and maintain a high level of proficiency using a variety of technological resources and
• Work effectively with multiple office departments following established procedures, ensuring high
quality completion of client and trustee requests.
• 7 + years of previous trust administration experience
• J.D. And/or LL.M preferred
• High level or in-depth computer competencies: MS Excel and Word, Accounting/Portfolio
Management Systems (Sungard’ s AddVantage, CRD, Thompson One, Baseline, Bloomberg, etc.)
• Demonstrated success in a personal client service environment
• Ability to handle complex, sensitive and confidential material with good judgment, maturity and
an optimistic outlook, even in high stress situations
• Consistent and strong follow-up skills with a strong attention to detail
• Excellent verbal, written, analytical and editing skills
• Must be able to learn new concepts and computer applications within a complex and demanding