Tenant Coordinator (Recent Grad)
Boston, MA | Direct Hire
Job Type: Direct Hire
Salary: Up to 47k plus bonus
We are seeking a recent college grad for a client in Boston looking to hire a Tenant Coordinator. You will act as the first point of contact with the tenants, vendors, and contractors. The primary purpose of this position is to support the Property Manager in the management and administrative functions required for commercial real estate properties in accordance with company and industry best practices and is involved in all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the properties.
Operations Management Duties
· Prepare letters, bill backs, and spreadsheets as necessary; distribute as directed.
· Ensure that all contractors working at the properties have current insurance certificates on file meeting the minimum requirements of the management agreement, the lease, and/or the corporate legal department. Make recommendations to Property Manager for repairs and maintenance needs.
· Conduct regular inspections of the properties and the tenant spaces to ensure compliance with leases, compliance with life safety policies, and the proper upkeep of the property.
· Ensure that all property and lease files are properly maintained and kept up-to-date in accordance with company policy.
· Solid knowledge and understanding of property standards and tenant leases. Respond to tenant requests and problems in a timely and courteous manner. Dispatch vendors to correct issues and follow-up with the tenant to ensure satisfactory resolution of the issue.
· Assist Property Manager with administering tenant move-ins and move-outs; prepare lease abstracts, review and communicate lease termination provisions, and final inspections.
· Communicate with tenants to relay property information (ex. Fire/life/safety drills, security notices, disruption in service notices, etc.).
· Maintain tenant files for accuracy. Update lease abstracts (for example, emergency contact information, Certificates of Insurance, lease options, and tax identification numbers). Prepare and maintain documents of temporary tenants.
· Maintain Certificate of Insurance tracking log; monitor compliance; send notices to vendors and/or tenants who have expired Certificates; follow-up with each until a new certificate has been received.
· Code accounts payable invoices for approval; enter into Yardi; dispatch originals to corporate; maintain local office accounts payable files. Obtain W-9 for new vendors; resolve billing discrepancies; and research past due balances and statements. Prepare Tenant bill-backs as required by lease.
· Prepare tenant billings for utilities, taxes, operating expenses, promotions, and sprinkler bill-back as directed.
· Develop and maintain tenant percentage sales information. Enter into Yardi.
· Enter new leases, lease renewals, terminations, and other lease changes for approval by Property Manager. Assist in accounts receivable monitoring and collection efforts.
· Assist the Property Manager in monitoring and reporting on accounts receivable. Assist in collection efforts in accordance with company and/or management agreement policies. Represent Landlord in court eviction proceedings.
· Bachelor' s Degree strongly preferred.
· 1 years’ experience in real estate (construction management, development, asset management, and/or property management), internship or interest in real estate preferred.
· A working knowledge of commercial leases. Budgeting and financial reporting experience.
· Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Strong organizational and analytical skills are essential; conscientiousness with sensitive materials.
· Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office programs; familiarity with integrated Real Estate accounting software desirable.
· Must pass a drug test.
· Must pass a background check.
· Must have a valid driver' s license and reliable transportation for frequent travel to properties.