Senior Research Administrator
Boston, MA 02101
We are working with a research center in Boston looking to hire a Senior Research Administrator. In this role, you will perform Pre and Post award support to investigators for complex Clinical Research awards including federal grants and subcontracts, foundation grants and clinical trial agreements. Pre-award responsibilities require supporting the review and processing of grant applications and progress reports. Post-award responsibilities involve the administration of research projects in compliance with legal, sponsor and Center policies and regulations. This position will also assist in the maintenance of internal tracking data used for management reporting.
- Manages Clinical Research sponsored projects administration for assigned projects by serving as the front-line guide and support for faculty and staff regarding grants and contracts management.
- Develops resources to aid faculty and staff in their response to clinical research proposals and clinical trial agreements
- Notifies faculty of key dates including continuation, renewal and financial reporting due dates
- Works independently to assist and advise faculty and staff on all aspects of Clinical Research project proposal development and management including budget development, budget justification, preparation of standard language for various non-scientific portions of applications, prior approval requests and other sponsor communications Assists in review, negotiation and execution of subcontract and clinical trial agreements
- Ensures contracts are established in compliance with IRB and other regulatory guidelines
- Monitors and approves transactions related to clinical research awards
· Monitors and complies with clinical trial billing requirements ensuring the Center receives all outstanding obligations
- Assists in the development of annual investigator budgets
· Act as primary post-award service contact for Principal Investigators, department administrators and Sponsors. Manage the finances of the sponsored projects for assigned Investigators and Projects.
· Present concerns and issues needing PI attention: time sensitive matters, PI decision needed, PI approval required, etc.
- Allocate salaries to sponsored projects at the direction of Principal Investigators, in accordance with the award and sponsor guidelines. Determine affordability of proposed salary allocation. Prepare and approve job requisitions, Change of Status, terminations and other related paperwork. Collaborate with HR to ensure the annual performance evaluation and salary increases process is completed within established parameters.
- Closes sponsored project accounts with Research Accounting, resolving deficits, determining carry forwards and approving final closeouts.
- Works closely with the Clinical Research Center (CRC) to ensure all clinical research budgets are established in accordance with applicable policies and procedures
- Assists in the administrative closeout of terminating contracts
- Assists in responding to internal and external audits as required
- Recording proposals, awards for proposals, incoming and outgoing subcontracts, just-in-time requests, the Access grants database and all other aspects of sponsored projects administration.
- Ensures timely and accurate updating of proposal and award databases and conducts quality control checks.
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining quality control of departmental Access grants database
- Prepares just-in-time documentation for validation and compiles other information required for sponsors’ grant application processing and award issuance.
- Requests sponsor authorization as necessary on changes in principal investigator, scope or work, key personnel, key personnel effort, performance site, proposed funding period or no-cost extension requests via eRA Commons.
- Ensure review of documents terms and conditions by designated institution official.
· Three or more years’ experience in research administration with pre and post award management in an academic research/hospital environment.
· Clinical trial and related clinical research experience preferred
· Demonstrated track record in a front-line service-oriented position, involving extensive customer service and relationship building.
· Broad knowledge of policies and regulations governing federal funding and accompanying compliance issues
· Ability to interpret PHS and other grant sponsor policies, including Uniform Guidance, and related grant management requirements to ensure accurate proposal submission.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite software (Excel, Word, Outlook) and other database applications (Access Preferred)