Senior Project Manager
Brighton, MA 02135 | Direct Hire
We are working with an organization looking to hire a Senior Project Manager to support the mission of the organization by joining the management team to plan, develop and manage multifamily residential developments from beginning to end.
This position will have the primary focus of managing all real estate development activities (i.E., planning, permitting, construction and marketing activities).
- Create new project opportunities including preliminary budgets
- Secure site control and conduct all property due diligence, including but not limited to, analyzing underlying zoning, and permitting and approvals pathways for prospective housing opportunities.
- Based on site investigations and other data, refine the proposed program and confirm development and operating budgets.
- Establish project teams. Hire, manage and coordinate work done by project architects, engineers, development consultants, attorneys, and other professional staff.
- Manage active projects through design, permitting, construction and occupancy. Lead project team to secure all necessary public approvals, permits and utility hookups.
- Lead project team on all aspects of construction planning, scope development during preconstruction including review of cost estimates, value engineering and contractor selection and bidding.
- Manage projects to an approved budget, including soft and hard costs. Take the lead on negotiating contracts.
- Review, recommend and manage all approved contracts or proposals, change orders and invoices.
- Supervise development progress through construction, including a timely closeout.
- Prepare funding requisitions.
- Oversee marketing through full property occupancy. Coordinate with property management and marketing partners. Ensure the design is appropriate and marketable to target demographic. In later phases, manage marketing team to achieve successful lease up or sell-out.
- Provide information and staffing support to relevant boards and committees.
- Provide additional support, as may be needed from time to time, to assist coworkers and help with special projects.
- Master’ s Degree in relevant field such as planning, architecture, finance, or community development (or work experience equivalent) is preferred.
- Proven experience in real estate development, including project management, permitting, finance, design and/or construction.
- Experience in meeting with local officials and with constituencies from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience in contract administration.
- Experience with pro forma financial analysis (cash flow, rental vs. Condominium scenario modeling, development pro-forma) using Microsoft Excel.
- Highly organized and proficient at preparing written documentation and spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of multifamily residential housing development.
- Experience with the permitting of and regulatory requirements of public financing for affordable housing, including low-income housing tax credits and HUD financing programs.
- Familiarity with Massachusetts affordable housing policies and programs a plus.
- A valid driver’ s license and have access to an automobile for work related meetings.