Boston, MA 02101
Our client, a human service agency is seeking a Residential Supervisor who will report to the Program Manager. The focus of this role is to foster an atmosphere of support and collaboration among families living in the shelters and staff that is in line with mission, values, and funding contracts.
• Provide supervision to direct care staff responsible for front desk coverage at the shelter to ensure a consistent, empathic and safe environment for families. This includes individual supervision, facilitating team meetings, doing informal drop-ins to the shelter occasionally on weekends, scheduling staff to ensure 24/7 coverage at the shelter, hiring, training, and providing corrective action as needed.
• Work one-on one with families needing extra support with tenancy skills (i.E. Cleaning, trash removal, reporting maintenance, etc.) to help families develop the necessary skills that will enable long-term successful tenancies once they move into homes of their own.
• Meet individually with each family when they move-in and out of shelter.
• Collaborate with the Director of Property Services, Department of Housing and Community Development, city departments, and various landlords to ensure each shelter property is in compliance with state contracts, city ordinance and is safe and welcoming for families.
• Act as a liaison for all property related issues regarding shelters
• Act as a liaison by welcoming, orientating and communicating with volunteers in play space for children.
• Be on-call for shelter staff every 4 - 9 weekends and train new case management staff on procedures related to on-call.
• Responsible for tracking, ordering, and maintaining office supplies, furniture, and shelter unit supplies as well as manage donations.
• Communicate all vacancies directly to the state via the web-based homeless management information system (ETO/ASIST).
• To create and implement a Tenancy Skills workshop for families.
• Perform other related duties as needed or directed
• Support agency by volunteering for agency events
Candidates should have a Bachelor Degree and a minimum of 3 years of experience working in the human services field directly with clients. It is preferred to have experience as a supervisor, facilitating groups, and to have worked in a residential setting. Working knowledge of the impact of trauma, homelessness, Motivational Interviewing, and basic property issues is also preferred.