Newton, MA 02458 | Temporary
Job Type: Temp/Contract
Part time - flexible 30 hours/week
Our client, a nonprofit organization is seeking a Receptionist to provide day-to-day administrative support to the front office. The Receptionist is the first contact for parents, visitors and staff and helps the office remain organized and responsive. This is a flexible part time (30 hours/week) contract assignment with chance to go full time.
- First contact for callers; meet and greet parents, any visitors/authorized caregivers to the school.
- Maintain positive presence in the office and monitor school security and safety in the afternoons.
- Answer phone, monitor walkie-talkie, relay messages and monitor front entrance to school.
- Respond to teacher and parent requests for help or assistance.
- Provide assistance to Administrative Manager, Assistant Directors and Director as needed.
- Assist with office tasks as needed
Administrative and Project Responsibilities:
- Assist with overflow of day-to-day administrative tasks. Maintain office presence, helping to ensure a secure environment for children.
- Assist with all administrative aspects of the center operation, including maintaining health and registration forms, filing, photocopying, and other office or secretarial duties as needed.
- Assist with maintaining the kitchen and entry area.
- Assist with ordering: taking inventory, ordering, unpacking of supplies.
- Maintain accurate intake logs for all parents who request information and/or visit the school and forward intake forms to the Administrative Manager.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Familiarity with computer, email and word-processing is required.
- At least one year of job experience and references are required.