Boston, MA | Direct Hire
Our client is seeking a payroll administrator to reporting to the Director of Payroll. In this role, you will administer payroll using ADP, including overseeing day-to-day functions and processing, troubleshooting, training, report creation. Also you will administer the time and attendance system (ADP ETime). Must be a City of Boston resident.
• Manage timely and accurate processing and disbursement of weekly payroll for 1200 employees consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws, including all hourly, unionized and salaried employees.
• Back-up System Administrator for the online Human Resources Information System/Payroll/Time and Attendance System (ADP). Conduct a variety of ad hoc analyses and reports relating to compensation, administration, and payroll activities.
• Perform employee verifications as needed.
• Handle employee questions and concerns regarding payroll.
• Track payroll related data (direct deposit, W4' s, department transfers, time sheets, address/contact info updates, salary changes, etc.) each pay cycle.
• Analyze and process hours through ADP Time & Attendance system. Transmit and Receive payroll from ADP.
• File employee information and ADP reports. Act as back-up for payroll coordinators. Assist in year-end W2 preparation.
• Critically review and analyze current payroll, benefits and tax procedures to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations.
• Review, improve & change Payroll Processes with supervisor as needed.
• Ensure the accuracy, timeliness and confidentiality of the processing of new hires, transfers, promotions and terminations.
• Communicate actively with Administration, Finance and IT to review cross-departmental impacts and reconcile data sharing.
• Assist Payroll Supervisor with the quarterly and yearly audit performed by outside audit firms.
• Ensures compliance and consistency with employee policies and procedures.
• Assists with the development/implementation and administration of staff training; presents at orientation sessions for new or existing employees on specific provisions of the policies and benefits programs as related to Human Resources.
• Bachelor' s degree and 3-5 years payroll experience required. ADP experience strongly preferred.
• Additional related experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification a plus.
• Experience working in a fast paced, union payroll environment with progressive responsibilities highly preferred.
• Proficiency with ADP enterprise HRMS/Payroll and ADP ETime and ADP Reporting.
• Proficiency with MS Office applications with Intermediate/Advanced Excel and Word.
• Experience implementing/managing Payroll and Time & Attendance systems.
• Thorough knowledge of payroll tax and payroll operations including year-end W-2 processing required.
• Excellent knowledge of payroll tax issues as well as wage and hour laws.
• City of Boston Residency Required, A Criminal Offenders Records Information request must be completed for this position.