Office Coordinator / Patient Access Rep
Boston, MA 02101
Our client, a health research center is looking to hire an office coordinator/patient access rep to provide support to physicians and allied health professionals within a busy ambulatory setting and to ensure efficient operations by providing excellent customer service to patients, other staff members, and external parties.
In this role, you will also provide support to the department and manager by coordinating schedule requests; assisting in the review and development of orientation materials and training of new employees; involvement with other continuous quality improvement activities. This is an excellent temp-to-hire opportunity and the hours are Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm.
• Effectively manage the flow of medical information internally and externally
• Patiently act as liaison between patient and health care providers and external patient related providers
• Accurately enter information into electronic health record.
• Schedule ancillary diagnostic and consultative appointments as requested.
• Follow guidelines to triage all incoming calls taking independent action where possible.
• Provide general information about the clinic and its services
• Utilize automated scheduling system for many types of appointments
• Associate’ s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience,
• Bachelor’ s degree preferred Certificate from a business school or program
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in medical office/reception setting or other customer service oriented position
• ABR-OE certification preferred
• Experience with windows operating systems & Microsoft office
• Experience with automated medical record and registration/scheduling systems preferred
• Knowledge of managed care and insurance requirements