Wellesley, MA 02482
Job type: Temp-to-hire
Our client, a healthcare provider in Wellesley, MA is seeking a legal secretary to join their team on a temp-to-hire basis.
Reporting to the senior associate general counsel, you will be responsible for providing administrative and secretarial support to Legal Department staff. Direct support is typically for five or six staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Scheduling and arranging meetings and conferences (using Lotus Notes, as needed).
2. Preparing and submitting regulatory filings through on-line systems (including the SERFF system) or on paper as required.
3. Inputting and maintaining files on legal and corporate matters.
4. Assisting lawyers and paralegals in the preparation of reports to federal and state agencies.
5. Editing and proofreading; copying and distributing of documents.
6. Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent. Minimum 2 to 3 years of progressively responsible secretarial experience. Excellent inter-personal and organizational skills in a corporate legal or executive environment with strong knowledge of office procedures and business practices. Ability to work well under pressure. Ability to deal appropriately with confidential material and refer sensitive issues to supervisor for discussion and resolution. Strong computer and Internet research skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and willingness and ability to learn new computer programs and skills; experience with Adobe Acrobat desired. Excellent word processing ability and oral and written communication skills.