IT Support Specialist
Boston, MA 02101
Our client is seeking IT Support for a 4 month contract assignment working with the Commonwealth.
• Respond to, research and resolve questions received via telephone calls (record calls in ITS ServiceDesk Software), email, and voicemail in a timely and professional manner.
• Provide accurate and creative solutions to more complex customer problems to ensure customer productivity and satisfaction.
• Provide first and second-tier support to end users for PC hardware, MS Windows, Software, Active Directory, O365 and basic networking troubleshooting.
• Install and update computer application software as needed.
• Setup, configure, and troubleshoot notebooks for the shared pool.
• Assist and maintain inventory of notebooks, projectors, desktops and other equipment according to standard operating processes.
• Perform daily call backs to customers for any problems not resolved upon initial contact; escalate calls to the next technical or management level as necessary.
• Assist other offices and locations with technology based issues as needed.
• Support mobile devices as needed.
• Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant products, services, and support policies in order to provide technically accurate solutions to end users.
• Maintain up to date knowledge of new and upcoming computing technologies and practices.
• Enhance and develop quality support methods and communication skills through coaching feedback, peer assistance, training and other developmental approaches.
• Attend meetings and seminars to support the overall direction of the IT office
• Participate in team projects that enhance the quality or efficiency of the ITS Support Team.