Human Resources and Benefits Coordinator
Our client, a nonprofit in Boston is looking to hire a HR and Benefits Coordinator. In this role, you will provide customer service to employees and managers on questions of policy, benefits, leaves and other HR related topics. This is an excellent opportunity to join a large, mission-drive organization.
• Create new hire files and manage employment files; ensure all files are complete and meet retention policies
• Ensure paperwork compliance (I-9’ s, etc.)
• Data entry of all employee data into ADP
• Prepare exit letters and completes steps of termination process
• Update organizational charts on a monthly basis
• Conduct employment verifications, and respond to unemployment claims
• Take a proactive approach to ensure all HR administrative requirements are completed timely and accurately
• Provide internal customer service to managers and employees on HR policies and practices
• Prepare documentation for leave of absence
• Track compliance of HR required trainings, paperwork, etc.
• Provide a high level of customer service to employees, managers, internal and external partners
• Process vendor payments while ensuing all changes have been accounted for
• Process benefit enrollments
• Manage multiple open enrollments
• Conduct New Hire Orientations and prepare benefit material updates
• Provide internal customer service to managers and employees on questions about benefits and how they apply to various situations
• Partner with vendors on required postings, disclosures
• Prepare internal reports for Balanced Score Card, Quarterly Network Support Calls, National Board of Director deck, etc.
• Prepare external reports for grant requests, EEO1, etc.
• Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent relevant professional experience
• 1-2 years of human resources and benefits administration experience including: fundamental knowledge of HR principles, practices and employment law required
• Nonprofit experience preferred
• High degree of emotional intelligence, comfortable interacting with staff at all organizational levels, ability to explain and influence individuals and managers on varied HR and management topics; and address challenging and sometimes ambiguous situations
• Superior verbal and written communications skills to communicate with employees, managers, vendors across many aspect of HR work
• Willingness to take a proactive approach to their own learning and building of new skills
• Comfort with troubleshooting systems issues, data integrity issues, and other tech challenges
• Intermediate level experience with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Experience with HRIS programs such as ADP Workforce Now a plus