Housing Search Specialist
Malden, MA 02148
Our client is seeking a Housing Search Specialist who will work in partnership with Family Advocates to provide housing search support for 100 families experiencing homelessness. The Housing Search Specialist will be responsible for assisting Family Advocates to conduct an in depth housing assessment to determine the housing search services and supports needed to secure affordable, decent housing for each family.
· Develop and maintain database of housing search resources; utilize tracking system for clients regarding their housing search and placements; train Shelter Team to utilize systems.
· Share information on housing opportunities with the Shelter Team by updating housing search systems, and weekly email to disseminate these updates.
· Assist Family Advocates with on-going housing search including but not limited to, contacting prospective landlords and/or management companies, and other search activities as they present (i.E. Accompanying clients to view apartments)
· Collaborate with Family Advocates and Team Leaders to develop housing leads and landlord contacts through outreach activities.
· Establish working relationships with housing providers to learn about new housing opportunities.
· Serve as a resource for shelter staff; respond to questions and requests for housing information and be a guide to staff navigating the affordable housing system.
· Communicate all significant information to supervisor immediately.
· Attend weekly supervision, regular staff meetings, workshops and trainings as assigned and participate in activities designed to increase skill in related areas.
· Perform other related duties as needed or directed
· Support agency by volunteering for agency events
Bachelors' degree in psychology, social work, public health or related field preferred (or equivalent combination of formal education and related experience may be substituted for degree).
Prior experience working with low-income individuals and/or families required.
Proficiency in Excel and other computer functions using Microsoft Suite; strong organizational skills.
Prior Housing search experience preferred.