Lexington, MA 02420 | Temporary
ACE Employment is working with a national healthcare revenue billing company looking to hire a commercial health biller. Great opportunity to join a growing team on a temp-to-hire basis.
• Initiate appropriate electronic billings to commercial insurance, Medicare Advantage and MassHealth MCOs per coverage and limitations.
• Responsible for claim follow up.
• Work with various staff to investigate and correct problems according to established procedures.
• Work with commercial insurance companies, MCOs and Medicare Advantage plans to identify status of accounts and obtain rapid resolution.
• Resolve all denials and initiate appropriate appeals
• Research customer complaints regarding accounts.
• Access online EOBs and accurately research claims.
• Use various systems to communicate, track, present and share information.
• Minimum of three years of experience as a patient account representative in a hospital or medical office setting.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and strong team player.
• Knowledge of commercial payers (BCBS, Tufts, HPHC) billing requirements
• Knowledge of MCOs billing requirements
• Experience using Emdeon or related clearinghouse software
• Must understand various payor EOBs.
• Extensive track record of insurance company phone interactions to resolve billing and/or EOB questions.
• Thorough experience with multiple payor online system access
• Must be able to pass a CORI