HR Generalist - Bilingual English/Spanish
Lynn, MA 01901 | Direct Hire
Our client, a manufacturing facility is seeking a bilingual, English/Spanish Human Resources Generalist to join their team. In this role you will provide support to the management team and assist in recruitment, hiring, onboarding, temporary employees, training, employee relations; leave of absence administration, workers compensation claims, compliance, audits, customer audits, payroll, and benefits administration.
- Benefits Administration including new hire enrollment, annual open enrollment, monthly premium processing, and COBRA administration.
- Participate in employee coaching/counseling sessions and terminations.
- Conduct job fairs, screen and interview applicants, prepare new hire paperwork and facilitate new hire orientations.
- Coordinate recruiting and staffing initiatives
- Provide guidance and training to the management team
- Payroll function, as needed
- Maintain employee personnel files and other required record keeping.
- Assist in managing employee relations by investigating, resolving, and communicating in regards to employee questions, issues, or concerns.
- Determine and take appropriate action to resolve issues in a timely, appropriate, and confidential manner.
- A bachelor' s degree, or equivalent experience, and three (3) plus years of Human Resources experience
- (PHR) certification preferred
- Bilingual communication skills - Spanish and English
- Ability to maintain a current knowledge base of employment regulations/laws, payroll, benefits, and HR related trends and processes.
- Knowledge of payroll and payroll tax regulations.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and work with a high degree of independence
- Microsoft Office experience, strong Excel skills preferred
- Solid knowledge and understanding of employment laws, including FMLA, ADA, FLSA, COBRA, ERISA, HIPPA and EEO is required.
- Must have understanding of OSHA regulations and record keeping requirements.