Boston, MA 02101
Job Type: Temp-to-hire
We are working with a nonprofit in Boston looking to hire an HR Assistant who will be responsible for maintaining, updating and reporting on all Human Resources information. The HR Assistant provides information to agency staff and prepares reports and documents for Human Resources Department as well as provides support to the Senior Management team.
• Maintains complete employee personnel records and files which includes performing employee file audits to ensure that all required employee documentations is collected and maintained.
• Orientates new employees to agency policies, procedures, benefits and employee identification.
• Verifies and maintains I-9 documentation.
• Maintains accurate Human Resources Information System records and compiles reports from database.
• Administer and maintain online benefits system. Ensure accuracy of data for electronic submission to venders.
• Assist staff with routine HR related questions, serve as the first point of contact for employees.
• Creates flyers, forms, memos upon request.
• Produces timely human resources reports and distributes as required including ACA report of hours for preparation of 1995-C report to Internal Revenue.
• Prepares weekly payroll updates to the accounting department.
• Respond to benefits related inquiries from Program Directors and staff.
• Reconciles monthly fringe benefit invoices to assure proper coverage/billing and timely payments.
• Complies with government regulations including COBRA administration, EEOC and all other employment related laws and agency policies.
• Produce HR Newsletter quarterly (spring, summer, fall & winter editions).
• Assists the Chief Human Resources Officer with various research and or special projects.
• Compliance of agencies confidentiality policy and all general policies.
• Assists with New Employee Orientation.
• Receptionist back-up.
• Associates or Bachelors degree is preferred.
• One to two years of experience in the HR field or working in an office environment.
• Prior experience with an HRIS database preferred
• Detail orientated and able to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently.