Food Service Associate
Boston, MA 02101
5.30am – 1: 30pm or 10: am – 6: 00pm
We are working with a hospital in Boston looking to hire food service associates. In this role, you will be responsible to transport, operate and maintain the cart and its companion cart, provide individualized meal service to every patient, assemble patient meal trays following diet orders ensuring diet accuracy.
• Consult with nursing staff to maintain accurate patient information.
• Collect patient meal trays.
• Follow established sanitation procedures for cleaning the Retherm Cart, companion cart, serving utensils, trays, dishes and miscellaneous items used on the cart.
• Maintain and deliver nourishment supplies as ordered to patient floor units.
• Follow established guidelines for food items in patient units.
• Record food, refrigerator and freezer temperatures daily to ensure food safety.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Must have a minimum of two years' experience in a food service /customer service environment.
• Patient feeding experience with all age groups and diet experience preferred.
• Must possess knowledge of basic principles of nutrition, diets, recipes, food preparation and service.
• Must be able to read, write and communicate fluently in English.
• Must pass background check