Boston, MA 02108
Our client is seeking a Financial Analyst for a contract role. You will be responsible for developing budgetary and other financial analyses related to the operating and capital budgets and other projects.
• Expected to become an expert in the operating and capital budgets and chart of accounts/accounting structures and to provide analysis of department programs, operations and policies for the
• Incumbent must understand administrative policies and priorities to help prepare the annual budget recommendation to the
• Collaborates with departments to monitor and forecast revenue and expenditures based on the projected business, programmatic variables, and economic factors.
• Works with external parties from time to time to provide and gather comparable industry data, particularly which assists in preparing financial analysis and presentations.
• Identifies and monitors key budget and policy issues over the course of the fiscal year, including monthly and quarterly reporting responsibilities related to expenses and revenues for internal and external purposes.
• Responsible for proposing and analyzing savings initiatives, typically in concert with one or more departments.
• Participates on policy development and procurement teams, where his or her financial expertise and skills will be critical to completing timely and effective analysis and recommendations for leadership.
• Uses his or her judgment to form independent decisions with minimal guidance from the CFO and other Finance Department staff and implement the decisions through a variety of ways including approval within the financial management system, adjustments in budgeting tools and official communications with departmental staff.
• Under the direction of the CFO, completes various administrative responsibilities in support of the Finance Department.
• A Bachelor’s degree is required. A degree in a related field such as finance, public administration, business, or economics is preferred.
• Must have excellent analytical, interpersonal, self-management, research, and communication skills, including the ability to write clearly, comprehensively, and concisely.
• Demonstrate an interest in financial and budgetary issues through education, work, or volunteer activities. They must be able to analyze quantitative and programmatic information.
• Family-owned/operated and servicing MA since 1989
• In 2019, ACE Employment was on the Forbes List of America's best recruitment firms out of 250 nationwide.
• Consistently on the Largest Temp Placement Firms in MA list conducted by the Boston Business Journal.Follow us