Malden, MA 02148 | Direct Hire
Our client in Malden, MA is seeking a Family Advocate who will be responsible for helping families experiencing homelessness develop housing strategies for obtaining permanent housing and connecting families to necessary supports to increase stability.
- Develop relationships with families who are homeless and facing issues such as mental illness, substance abuse, physical disability, history of trauma and/or domestic violence, and poverty.
- Meet weekly with each family, completing thorough assessments, providing support and referrals as well as ensuring regular contact with other services providers.
- Thoroughly assess families’ strengths and barriers to obtaining permanent housing, and develop a housing strategy that incorporates means of mitigating any barriers to permanent housing.
- Partner with families to create, review, and enforce a Re-housing Plan that reflects the goals of the family and funder, and that addresses each family member’ s needs.
- Assist families in completing housing applications and ensuring that all preferences and priorities are obtained.
- Attend housing screenings and appeals with families, providing transportation when necessary.
- Conduct weekly unit inspections to ensure the property is being maintained.
- Partake in rotating on-call requirements.
- Complete all necessary paperwork and documentation needed to be in compliance with program requirements and state regulations.
- Prior experience in similar role
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing to travel in the Greater Boston area and commute families to critical housing appointments when necessary