Director of Development
Needham, MA | Direct Hire
We are working with a client in Needham, MA who is looking for a highly enthusiastic, metrics driven, charismatic leader to oversee their campaigns. This individual will build strong relationships in the community and drive revenue through the acquisition and management of walk teams and corporate partnerships.
- Develop and implement a three-year strategic plan to drive significant revenue growth and engage close to 3, 000 participants across the campaign markets
- Build partnerships in the community that result in additional revenue committee members, corporate walk teams, and/or corporate sponsorship dollars.
- Identify, recruit and mobilize high-level business and community leaders to serve as corporate chair and revenue committee members
- Lead effective meetings with trackable action items and effective follow-up for the revenue committee, planning committee, and all subcommittees.
- Create individualized fundraising strategies with walk teams, volunteers, and participants, to maximum YOY growth
- Identify target audiences and build appropriate outreach strategies to recruit, acknowledge and retain event participants and sponsors
- Develop and implement an annual operational plan that includes a detailed budget, team development, corporate development, volunteer development, and logistic plans
- Develop a marketing and promotional plan to enhance visibility of the program and build new community partnerships
- Hire, train, and manage staff to support staffing plan; this includes interns, a seasonal logistical staff person, and potential for additional staff members as walk sites grow
- Create and maintain timelines, budgets and logistical needs for campaign events
- Organize year-round volunteer personnel and manage 100 day-of volunteers per event
- College graduate with relevant experience
- Minimum 3-5 years fundraising experience, peer to peer fundraising campaign experience preferred
- Significant skills in planning and budgeting
- Strong background in volunteer development and experience in working with volunteer committees
- Excellent computer skills
- Available to work evenings and weekends
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Capable of building and sustaining relationships with a variety of individuals and businesses