Development Coordinator/Database Manager
Boston, MA 02101
We are working with a college in Boston looking to hire a development coordinator/database manager. The purpose of this position is to grow the graduation rate by working closely with the VP of Advancement to provide administrative support to the Development Office and oversee the input of all donor related information.
• Responsible for gift processing including data entry, reporting, and acknowledgments
• Prepare and assist in the mailing of appeals, letters, brochures, invitations and other constituent mailings.
• Maintain the alumnae/i database as needed including:
o Add/update information to constituent records
o Data integrity projects utilizing error reports to correct data (i.E. Lost alumnae, NCOA updates, add attributes for events, trip reports, other special data projects)
• Act as a liaison with external and internal constituents to answer questions, address problems and provide solutions.
• Maintain, organize and oversee all Development records and files both electronic and hardcopy.
• Plan and execute special projects independently.
• Provide administrative support for all Development Office events including Reunion, donor recognition and Alumnae events, as well as other events as needed.
• Calendar Management for VP of Advancement
• Prospect Research including researching grant opportunities
• Working with Student Volunteers
• Preparing travel arrangements and agenda for staff when traveling
• Tracking expenses for department and travel
• Collecting and analyzing data for reports and presentations
• Creating reports for department
• Fact checking publications regarding College
• Writing occasional articles for Bulletins
• Managing Class notes
• Managing monthly charges
• Taking minutes at advancement committee meetings
• Bachelor’ s degree and minimum of 1-3 years of development experience preferred
• Knowledge of fundraising software preferred
• Highly organized, detail oriented with ability to be an independent worker and thinker as well as the ability to work and function well in a team environment.
• Ability to handle and complete multiple time-sensitive projects.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required
• Excellent interpersonal skills required