Cambridge, MA 02139
Our client, one of the nation’ s most prominent learned societies and independent policy research centers is seeking a database associate to join their team to maintain data maintenance and database standards.
· Provide administration of the membership database
· Maintaining effective data maintenance and database standards.
· Conduct periodic data review for accuracy.
· Conduct data queries.
· Provide training and assistance to other departments in proper database usage, organization, and retrieval.
· Manage nomination and election logistics:
· Review nominations to ensure the accuracy and thoroughness of the ballots.
· Coordinate election materials for committee review, committee meetings, and conference calls.
· Oversee the scheduling of 30-50 membership and election conference calls.
· Draft correspondence to members as necessary.
· Work with the director, to plan and implement membership initiatives and special projects.
· Additional responsibilities as assigned.
· Bachelor’ s degree required.
· Experience organizing, systematizing, and retrieving database information.
· Close and careful attention to detail.
· Must possess initiative, outstanding oral and written communication skills, organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and proofing and editing skills.
· Demonstrated experience in managing multiple activities and tasks in a high tempo environment.
· Ability to learn quickly, prioritize, and work accurately with little supervision.
· Ability to creatively problem-solve and be flexible to work in a changing environment
· Must be able to handle confidential information appropriately
· Proficiency in database querying, Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word), Adobe Acrobat, various document processing and database applications, and internet searches.
· Experience working in an academic environment, preferably in a college admissions, library, or registrar setting.