Customer Service Rep
Boston, MA 02101 | Temporary
We are seeking several Customer Service Reps to join our clients Northeast Region team on a long term basis. This is a possible Temp-Perm opportunity for the right candidate. Candidates must also be able to commute to other branches within the region if requested (this may not happen too often). Candidate will be reimbursed for travel if they are requested to travel to another location within the region. Hours are Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm.
• Northeast Region: Boston (Haymarket), Revere and Wilmington. (Training will take place in Wilmington)
- Interacts with customers to complete transactions - Issues licenses, identification cards and motor vehicle registrations.
- Uses computer terminals, vision instruments, automatic testing devices and other equipment.
- Administers vision tests in accordance with agency policy.
- Operate computer equipment to create, retrieve, review, change or update driver/vehicle/business information.
- Ensure appropriate confidentiality and security of information.
- Reviews reports for compliance with state and federal guidelines.
- Collects fees (cash and checks) and performs credit card transactions.
- Reconciles receipts with revenue control documents.
- Schedules road examinations.
- Prepares forms and other documents related to licenses, registrations, identification cards and receipts for titles.
- Amends title and registration records.
- Maintains filing systems.
- Reviews customer documents in support of transactions for accuracy and veracity.
- Conducts research for additional information from third parties (other states, state agencies, etc.) to complete transactions.
- Assists customers with problem resolution.
- Provides information to the public regarding guidelines, requirements and procedures in-person and on the phone.
- May be asked to not work on the window but rather greet customers, determines customer’ s purpose, assesses readiness, and directs them to the appropriate line.
- Directs customers to Kiosks and other automated services where appropriate.
- Assesses that customers have the correct forms/applications, supporting documents, and acceptable payment.
- Returns improper or incomplete forms or documents to the applicant explaining reasons for rejection and steps necessary to complete forms/applications.
- Provides checklists and assistance in completing forms/applications.
• Must successfully pass a CORI check, and driving record check (license must in active status and clear of any fines and/or fees). Candidates must also be fingerprinted.
• Must have reliable means of transportation. Although candidates will work primarily out of one branch, candidates must be able to commute to other locations within the region if requested. Candidate will receive travel reimbursement if they are requested to go to another location.
• Must have strong software skills. Candidate will be trained on new system, and must have proficient to advanced skills in data entry and navigating through software (such as tabbing in and out of windows).
• Must have strong customer service and cash handling experience.