Boston, MA 02101
We are seeking custodians who will perform a wide range of building and environmental services to ensure that all facilities are operating at a standard that enhances quality of patient care. In addition to duties performed by a general cleaner, the general service associate may use industrial vacuum cleaners, scrubbers and buffers.
· Performs project work including, but not limited to, floor refinishing, carpet extraction, etc.
· Maintains daily cleaning of assigned areas, by following approved hospital Cleaning Procedures.
· Maintains stock of all housekeeping supplies in assigned areas and maintains housekeeping closets and equipment.
· Prepares patient rooms for occupancy upon discharge or transfer.
· Performs daily floor care maintenance.
· Collects and disposes of trash and waste (both infectious and non-infectious) as needed.
· Transports all collected waste in the facility from the designated holding areas for disposal.
· Move furniture, boxes, etc. In order to clean.
· Installs, cleans, maintains and repairs all designated housekeeping equipment. Installs patient cubicle curtains.
· Communicates to supervisor the need for repairs, etc.
Prior custodian experience
Experience stripping/waxing floors
Must be able to pass a background check
Good communication skills