Boston, MA 02101
Our client, a nonprofit organization in Boston is seeking a Business Manager within one of their departments managing the programs budget and grants. This is a temp to hire position starting ASAP!
• Develop budget and budget narratives for departmental proposals;
• Ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and provisions of federal, state, city and private contracts and grants.
• Prepare monthly performance-based and cost-reimbursement invoices, including researching and compiling all back-up documentation.
• Maintain timesheets for allocation of staff functions for monthly billings.
• Review all contracts for the department, requesting changes from the funding source, as necessary, including preparing correspondence to address contractual issues.
• Prepare monthly financial reports for management review and periodic reports as required by the funding source.
• Meet with Program Directors regarding proposal preparation, program performance, budget, and contract compliance. Prepare budget modifications and justifications to the funding source to accommodate changes in programs.
• Attend Bidders Conferences, Program Operators Meetings, Contract Negotiation meetings, and Budget meetings, and prepare follow-up responses, including revised budget and service plans for contract execution.
• Prepare subcontracts with other community based organization.
• Responsible for allocating internal charges, controlling and monitoring all departmental expenses, analyzing budget performance reports and payroll registers, and preparing monthly journal entries.
• Reconcile year-end expenses to comply with line item budgets.
• Maintain log of accounts receivable and follow up with funding source on outstanding billing issues.
Bachelor’ s in account, business administration or related field and at least 3 years of experience