Boston, MA 02101 | Direct Hire
Our client, a mid-sized firm in Boston is looking for a Billing Coordinator to join their team. In this role, you will be handle bill processing, accounts payable/receivable and handle client matters.
Bill Processing (60%)
- Processes edits to pre-bills and/or draft bills in response to attorney and secretary requests.
- Processes and prints final client billing.
- Completes complex bills in a timely manner (i.E., multiple timekeeper discounts by matter, preparation of electronic bills).
- Distributes monthly unbilled matter reports to billing attorney.
- Utilizes Rainmaker or Prolaw legal timekeeping software.
Accounts Payable (30%)
- Review, input and process Firm and Client payables daily.
- Assist Firm Controller in compiling accounts payable data for reporting.
- Process and maintain petty cash requests, including actual cash handling and accounting.
- General back-office accounting duties.
Accounts Receivable (5%)
- Record payments to client accounts and maintain accounts receivable records.
- Assist Director of Finance in compiling accounts receivable data for reporting.
- Prepare daily cash and credit deposits.
- Maintain client bank accounts, which includes recording of monthly interest gains.
- Research client inquiries.
Client Matters (5%)
- Create and open new matters in Firm database.
- Create client contact information in Firm database.
- Minimum of 5 years Billing experience in a law firm (preferred), accounting firm, or other professional services environment.
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and work well under pressure
- Ability to handle high volume of bills per month.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with attorneys and staff.
- Research and respond to inquiries regarding billing issues and problems.
- Must have the ability to quickly learn the Firm' s time and billing software, as well as the firm' s billing policies and procedures.
- Proficient with Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Experience with Rainmaker and/or Prolaw software is preferred, but not required.
- Bachelors' degree preferred.