Boston, MA 02101
Our client, a global leader in healthcare research is seeking an administrative assistant to work in their Research Division supporting several scientists/Principal Investigators.
§ Act as liaison with departments such as Human Resources, Office of Sponsored Research, Fiscal and other Research Divisions
§ Coordinate heavy calendar and scheduling including: coordinate calendars for several investigators and coordinates events for the respective department(s).
§ Provide administrative support such as: typing memos and letters, answering telephones, taking and distributing messages and distributing mail.
§ Helps to prepare and edit grant applications and other related materials in collaboration with the Research Administrator(s) and assist in preparing biosketches, letters of support and collaboration and other documents as needed
§ Ensure timesheet completion and submission for members of the respective department(s)
§ Assist with onboarding new personnel
§ Order laboratory supplies and office supplies for respective lab(s)
§ Set up of meetings including ordering food, setting up computer, projector and presentation, as well as composing meeting minutes as requested
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Prior administrative experience in research or academic setting (strongly preferred)
- Minimum 2 years of administrative experience
- Excellent computer skills: proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and Suite, Adobe Acrobat, EndNote and/or Reference Manager and Infinium, work under frequent disruptions
- Proactively manage projects and resolve conflicts independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills.