Administrative Assistant - Higher Education
Cambridge, MA 02139
Job Type: Full-time
We are working with a university looking to hire an Administrative Assistant to provide project support to the operation of a diverse and continuously evolving center.
· Planning and assisting with coordinating educational, outreach, REU (Research Experiences for Undergraduates), and annual retreat activities;
· Managing the day-to-day functions of the center website; serving as primary coordinator of web developer consultant activities; coordinating collection of content for dissemination on the website
· Managing databases and updating center website content; generating data for annual report; editing reports, papers, letters, and other documents; scheduling meetings and recording minutes
· Assisting with planning events; assisting with communications between partner institutions, faculty and students; maintain budgets for internal events; making travel arrangements; processing travel expense vouchers, request for payment, and invoices; generating journal vouchers, requisitions, and purchase orders; maintaining office filing system; purchasing supplies, photocopying and other general office duties as needed.
· Minimum three years administrative, office or related experience
· Advanced computer software skills
· Ability to create, maintain, and enhance databases
· Experience with web content management systems (Drupal preferred)
· Willingness to learn new software and tools
· Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills