Boston, MA 02101
Our client, a major hospital in Boston is seeking an accountant for a 6 month contract. This position requires a Bachelor’ s degree in accounting or finance as well as 5 years accounting experience. CPA is preferred.
• Direct the work of staff for monthly and year end close
• Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
• Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
• Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
• Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
• Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
• Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
• Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
• Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
• Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
• Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
• Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
• Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential
• Bachelor’ s degree in accounting or finance; CPA preferred
• 5+ years accounting experience
• Supervisory experience preferred
• Exceptional communication skills
• Experience with general ledger system (G/L Lawson preferred)