Boston, MA 02101
Our client in Boston is looking for an Accountant for their Grant Management division. This is a possible temp to hire opportunity.
- Prepare monthly reimbursement requests to bill to the Federal Agencies that use a Non-Automated Draw (NCD) mechanism and complete a CD (Cash Deposit) Form to send to TRE’ s Cash Management Unit at the time of reimbursement request.
- Update the Grant Expenditures Register (GER) and the monthly Federal Grant Expenditures Report for distribution to the program managers.
- Maintain Master Grant File to keep information current and accurate.
- Work with the Grant Manager and utilize the CIW (Commonwealth Information Warehouse) database to gather appropriate information to complete the monthly Grant Expenditure Reports and /or Grant Detail Reports.
- Assist Program Mangers on Expenditure Corrections (EX).
- Assist with Contract Review and verification of funding for various Federal Program codes.
- Assist Grant Manager with new grant setup and act as liaison with Comptroller’ s Office to ensure all required MMARs transactions have been completed.
- Maintain Grant documents and filing.
- Communication with Federal Agencies to address inquiries regarding billing, reimbursement or reporting concerns.
- Ad hoc data requests from Program Managers.
- Assist in gathering data for the annual Single Rail and Transit Audit.
- A majority of the initial work will be administering funds, billing/invoicing, reconciliation of grants, assist with monthly Federal Grant reporting, processing budget changes, moving monies, eventually reviewing grant documents and setting them up in the system.
- Mid to Advanced level in Excel (Pivot tables, V-lookups, heavy Spreadsheets)
- Associates Degree in Accounting
- Strong customer service / relationship building experience / well-spoken / ability to negotiate solutions
- Ability to act as liaison with Comptroller’ s Office, Program Managers etc.
- Experience with billing and reconciliation.
- Past experience working with federal grants a plus but not necessary.
- Ability to learn new system (MMARS)
- Proficient with Microsoft Word