Cambridge, MA | Temporary
Job Type: Temp-to-hire
Our client, an academic nonprofit organization, is seeking a staff accountant. In this temp-to-hire role you will be part of a 6-person Finance Department responsible for accounting and operation support including payroll processing and purchasing. This position is part time (32 hours/week) and includes benefits.
- Process and submit biweekly payroll to outside payroll company electronically, ensuring accuracy of the data transmitted.
- Set-up and update employee profiles in the accounting system (Deltek Costpoint).
- Place orders for materials and services with authorized suppliers and /or with company credit card.
- Receive and confirm materials on delivery; establish and maintain vendor relations; resolve problems with orders.
- Perform monthly and quarterly reconciliations.
- Record cash receipts and other journal entries.
- Assist in year-end audit preparation
- Serve as backup for accounts payable.
- Other duties assigned by the Controller.
- BS/BA in accounting or equivalent preferred. Some training in accounting a must. 1-3 years of prior experience in an accounting/bookkeeping capacity. Payroll experience strongly preferred. Purchasing or vendor relations experience preferred, but not required.
- Use of accounting software to a proficient level. Experience in nonprofit organization and with Deltek Costpoint software is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to use common office computer applications (e.G. Email, Excel and Word) to an intermediate level.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Capability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and follow up effectively.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral. Ability to work in a collaborative decision making environment.
- Ability to protect the organization' s value by keeping information confidential.
Salary & Benefits:
Permanent salary is based on full-time equivalent of 40k-50k so will be 32-40k. Full benefits which include health, dental, 403b match, 12 holidays, 18 vacation days, 10 sick days, 4 personal days, etc.