Boston, MA | Temporary
ACE Employment Services, Inc. Is working with a non profit in Boston looking to hire a staff accountant. This is a temp-to-hire position for the right candidate. Perm salary is to 50k.
You will provide support for financial management of the.organization. The ideal candidate will be proficient in QuickBooks and skilled in MS Excel. You will handle all the A/R, A/P, weekly check run for programs and oversee the administering of payments to landlords, utilities, etc.
- ensure.complete, accurate, and timely financials.
- ensure.compliance with policies, pro.edures, and regulations.
- Maintain the general ledger in accordance with GAAP.
- Maintain monthly sc.edules to support the general ledger.
- Maintain financial records.
- Open vendors in A/P system
- Review invoices to confirm proper account codes, approval, and.compliance with funders/contracts
- Record revenue, including deferred, endowment and temporarily restricted.
- Reconcile revenue with development office.
- Reconcile bank and investment accounts.
- Manage cash and accounts receivable.
- Process accounts payable invoices and produce accounts payable checks.
- Calculate and process monthly cost allocation entries.
- Track fixed assets and calculate and record depreciation.
- Bachelor' s degree or equivalent in accounting, finance, business, or related field.
- Experience in nonprofit accounting preferred.
- Knowledge of GAAP and FASB rules for non profits.
- Excellent quantitative skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office and QuickBooks, with advanced knowledge of Excel required.
- Prior experience in cost allocation and/or government contracts strongly preferred.