Payroll Accountant (105511)
Boston, MA | Temporary
Job Type: Temporary/Contract
Our client, a nonprofit just outside of Boston seeks a Staff Accountant with full cycle payroll experience using ADP to report to the Controller. In this contract role you will be primarily responsible for processing the biweekly payroll, maintaining the timesheet database, processing cash receipts transactions, preparing monthly journal entries and monthly general ledger reconciliations for all payroll related accounts. Position starts ASAP and is vacant so temp-to-hire is a possibility. Ideal candidate is someone who can manage and reconcile deductions, FSA, benefit time, etc. Within ADP.
- Assist Human Resources and staff on payroll and benefit issues.
- Processes biweekly payroll, and is the main point of contact with Payroll and timesheet vendor.
- Stay up-to-date on payroll and benefit trends and regulations, inform Human Resources and Controller of relevant changes.
- Manages employee accrued time off balances.
- Reconciles benefit provider invoices against payroll, alert HR of discrepancies.
- Prepares biweekly payroll distribution file for upload to general ledger.
- Verifies all payroll entries including deductions, earnings and changes, review and reconcile payroll data and resolving any discrepancies as necessary.
- Monitors COBRA receipts and FSA reimbursement.
- Prepares payroll and benefits journal vouchers for payment.
- Reconciles actual salaries, taxes, benefits paid against general ledger.
- Manages and maintains timesheet application, to ensure accuracy and completeness of information.
- Maintains and disseminates monthly labor distribution reports.
- Manages and processes A/R invoices and receipts.
- Liaise with Financial Grants Managers and program staff on A/R collection.
- Records all cash receipts related to EFT transfers, and miscellaneous bank fees.
- Assists Controller in annual audit and other projects as assigned.
- Must have full cycle payroll experience using ADP
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team, with ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Excellent analytical, communications, problem solving, and interpersonal skills required
- Proficiency in MS Office, accounting software and above average Excel skills a must
- Bachelors of Science degree with a minimum of 4 years of payroll experience.
- Preferred: Great Plains knowledge