Medical Claims Rep
Burlington, MA | Temporary
Job Type: Temp-To-Hire
Our client, an insurance firm in Burlington, MA is looking to hire a medical claims rep. Reporting to the Claim Supervisor, this temp-to-hire position is responsible for providing claim technical services to workers compensation customers and unit staff members as needed. Perm salary is $40k.
- Handle routine medical only cases as referred and ensure prompt payment within specified time period and proper documentation.
- Ensure expedient payment of medical bills as authorized by the Claim Representative. Must maintain less than 25 items in the portal at all times.
- Evaluate coverage, liability, disability and causal relationship issues as well as potential loss value immediately upon receipt of first report.
- Interact with customers, medical providers and vendors on general case issues, providing complete and accurate information.
- Bring all claims assigned to a prompt and fair conclusion.
- Daily review of documentation with the appropriate identification and prioritization of items.
- All phone calls must be returned by the end of each business day.
- Ensure claim file is completely up to date with current activity.
- Follow up on payment issues involving assigned cases.
- Prior claim technical experience, with emphasis on workers compensation preferred
- Must be customer focused with strong phone skills
- Must be detail oriented and thorough with external customers
- Ability to prioritize
- Medical Billing/Terminology experience a plus
- Criminal Justice degree a plus