Financial Solutions Advisor
Medfield, MA | Direct Hire
We are seeking a Financial Center Financial Solutions Advisor (FSA) is to deepen banking and investment relationships with Mass Affluent customers. The FSA will act as the primary point of contact for Mass Affluent customers, although will not have a “ book of business.” Walk-in customers will be directed to the FSA who will provide end to end comprehensive advice and customized solutions to help customers achieve their financial goals. Customer reviews/presentations will include a review of investment goals and prepare presentations that recommend products such as stocks, bonds, mutual funds, annuities, banking, and managed money solutions. The FSA will transact point of fulfillment investment and banking business for clients with less than $250k in investable assets. In addition, the FSA will engage in daily relationship calling to pre-selected customers inviting them into the Financial Center for a customer review.
The FSA will directly report to a Regional Sales Manager on the Preferred Banking & Investments team and work closely with specialist partners to drive referrals. Working in a team oriented environment and rapidly growing org with opportunity to advance. Great base + uncapped quarterly incentive.
- Assess customer goals by conducting financial opportunity sessions with new or existing banking clients.
- Leverage business knowledge to determine prudent and appropriate strategy to meet client’ s needs by recommending financial solutions for Mass Affluent clients.
- Build strategic partnership with Financial Center as a valued team member. Refer clients with an investment need and more than $250K in investable assets to a local Merrill Lynch Wealth Advisory Complex or US Trust office. Refer to other appropriate business channel(s) (i.E. Small Business, Home Loans) as needed
- Demonstrate strong awareness of enterprise-wide opportunities to serve our customers.
- Pro-actively build relationships with potential and existing clients to meet business objectives.
- Comply with all applicable banking and investment laws, regulations, company polices, and procedures, in order to serve the clients' best interests and enhance client satisfaction.
- Enterprise Role Overview
FSA develops new investment and banking business through leads generated from internal partnering. The FSA will identify, profile and meet with clients to analyze and review financial goals. Engages customers in the lobby for delivery of store value proposition. The FSA will triage client leads and make referrals to appropriate internal service providers based on client needs and asset thresholds. Participates in on-going training and interaction with the Merrill Lynch Wealth Complex. The role is a bridge between banking and brokerage, therefore the FSA must have a general awareness of core banking and investment solutions. The FSA should be able to provide an enterprise product view for our clients, executing referrals across banking and brokerage lines.
- Three + years of proven investment business development experience, including investment training. In-depth knowledge of investment products and services.
- One+ years experience in business development and investments training.
- Experience creating a comprehensive financial strategy, assessing needs, identifying, and recommending financial solutions.
- Knowledge of banking (credit and deposit) products and services desired.
- Must be able to provide evidence of consultative communication and relationship building skills leading to client service, fulfillment and delight in previous roles.
- Series 7 required. This role also requires series 66 (63 & 65 in lieu of 66). If you do not currently hold the 66 but have either a 63 or 65 an offer can be extended with the condition that a passing score is received for the missing series within 60 days.
- A true team player and collaborator, translating knowledge and experience into strong and productive relationships internally and externally.
- Results oriented with proven track record of outstanding ability to motivate and influence other to accomplish objectives: present oneself assertively, convincingly and with confidence to establish credibility and respect with others.
- A respected business partner who adds value to the broader team and can diplomatically handle conflict; demonstrated ability to cultivate effective revenue generating partnerships with other LOBs.
- Ability to handle ambiguity and adapt to changing circumstances.
- An impeccable reputation for integrity and consistency; must possess sound business ethics acting in the best interest of the client.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.