Executive Assistant (105613)
Boston, MA | Temporary
Job Type: Temporary/Contract (10 months)
We are seeking an experienced Executive Assistant to work within a state department in downtown Boston. Ideal person has strong Microsoft office 365 skills and Visio. On occasion the person may be ask to work at other locations in the downtown Boston area.
- Provides administrative support, including word and data processing, filing, copying, scanning, and handling correspondence.
- Processes public records requests including logging, tracking and responding to requests by identifying, packaging and sending requested documentation.
- Assists in processing Release of Confidential Information requests, court orders, and subpoenas.
- Manages and coordinates operational needs of the Program including space planning, seating assignments, the purchase of office supplies, and temporary personnel services.
- Completes planning, coordinating, and calendaring of meetings and events.
- Trains and supports Program staff in the techniques and procedures for the operation of computer equipment, software, and various databases when needed.
- Develops and maintains department communication materials (e.G. Telephone lists, organizational charts, mail, etc.
- Reviews reports, memoranda, etc. For completeness, accuracy and content
- Coordinates recruitment of new employees, sets up orientation schedules for newly hired employees and ensures that they receive all needed equipment and systems access (i.E., cell phone, laptops, shared network access, etc.).
- Manages assigned area projects including mass mailings and assists with outreach efforts.
- Greets and directs visitors and answers phone calls in a prompt and professional manner
- Coordinates with team to maintain, organize and archive documentation and files as required under state law
- Responds to inquiries of a routine or complex nature from various stakeholders related to Program registration procedures.
- Handles other duties as assigned.
- Strong Microsoft office 365 skills and Visio
- Familiar with Access and Adobe Pro (version 11)
- Strong analytic, interpersonal and writing skills, excellent attention to detail, good organizational and time management skills
- Must be very flexible and be able to accept changing priorities, new tasks and new projects with a positive attitude